Need a house painter in Darwin or thinking of doing it yourself?
Are you renovating? Perhaps looking to sell your house and need to re-paint it for sale? Maybe you’re just plain tired of your 1990’s colour choice and ready for a change?
Popular question! TV shows like The Block make it look all too easy, so many people make the mistake of tackling renovations without expert advice or trades backgrounds.
Like any business, I take the approach of ‘stick to your core
business and strengths’.
I don’t do my own mechanics or electrics.
Probably could, but the outcome might be astronomic failure.
It is the same with any trade work you are tempted to do around your
What TV shows and magazines don’t show are the failures, the
additional time and budget costs, and the absolute frustration and disappointment that DIY renovators feel when they have made a
Pitfalls for DIY house painters :
- Poor preparation
- Incorrect quantities purchased resulting in separate paint batches and colour variations
- The wrong product for the surface – resulting in paint peeling
- Dust and dirt on the walls mixing with the paint causing discolouration
- Paint splashes on furniture, and worse, on polished floor boards
- Poor coverage due to insufficient coats or thin paint
- Wrong paint for the wrong surface
- Cheap paint
- Cheap brushes and rollers
- Bad technique
- Lack of knowledge of the overall process
- Poor sub-straight
- Why employ a professional Painter?
Need a house painter in Darwin?
Many of my clients say “I was going to do it myself but….” And the reason for them eventually hiring a professional painter
do vary, but most often it comes down to the quality of the finish, the time saved and the overall look of their home after its been totally refreshed by a professional house painter.
A good painter won’t spill paint over your leather lounge suite, splatter the polished floorboards with overspray, slip with the paintbrush onto the ceiling, or paint the dog!
They won’t take up all of your valuable spare time over several months which makes the wife cranky, hubby tired, and the kids bored and irritable.
They shouldn’t go over budget by buying the wrong paint or materials, and they won’t stop you going fishing or on holidays for the entire dry season (which is what happens when you paint it yourself).
The benefits of a professional house painter:
- The job is completed on time and on budget
- Professional products give a really spectacular finish
- You don’t have to clean up
- The house gets painted while you are at work, so it doesn’t take up your valuable time
- You get to go fishing or go on holidays, whilst the work gets done for you
- The job will last a LOT longer than a DUI paint job, because the preparation and painting is done by a professional
- 5 times out of 10, DUI painters call in a professional to fix the mistakes or finish half the job, and most of it has to be re-painted
- The other 5 out of 10 will see your home and wish they had a quality professional painter, because your home will look so much